If you don’t have any goals, you won’t reach to anywhere. It doesn’t have to be so serious, losing weight, keeping your body in shape etc. are very common goals today. We promise to ourselves to achieve our goals, however, we usually don’t stick to our words. We begin diet on every Monday, postpone the workouts on Wednesday and the life goes on :) Why? I think it’s hard to develop habits and the easiest person to deceive is one’s self. We assume that we’ll have enough time next week, we assume that we’ll keep our promises next time, but we again fail.
I think everybody should find their own ways, but I would like to give some tips to overcome this problem.
- Make it fun. It’s hard to keep doing something that you don’t like.
- If you can’t make it fun, strongly dream the prize you’ll get. You should deeply believe in what you’re doing.
- Don’t set high goals. Start with small steps. Our brains easily give up if something seems difficult.
- Don’t set too much goals. Don’t set a new one until the current ones become habits.
- Write down your process. Take notes and share them with your friends. This will bring some peer pressure and also you’ll have a success story to tell.
- Set measurable goals. Like “I’ll lose 5 kgs in 3 months.”
Here are my goals, they may seem very familiar to you :) I’ll add more and update the page here.
- Read a book per week
- Run at least 5K every sunday morning
- Complete 140 pomodoros each week. 1 pomodoro is 25 minutes work, 5 minutes rest
- Workout 3 times a week
That’s all :) I’m sure I’ll keep my promises :)